Organizers of the 2016 Zimbabwe ICT Achievers’ Awards to be held on December 7 at the Harare International Conference Centre (HICC) have added a new category, the Private sector.
The annual awards ceremony to recognise the efforts of individuals and companies are organized by Ministry of Information Communication Technology, Postal and Courier Services.
By TechnoMag Reporter
This year’s edition comes at a time when Government is spearheading the Zimbabwe ICT Innovations Fund which is yet to be launched.
The inaugural ICT Achievers were held in 2010 in a bid to celebrate the achievements of players in the ICT industry, reward and encourage excellence in practice and ethics in the industry.
The ICT achievers awards seek to ignite interest in ordinary Zimbabweans to use ICTs in their learning, everyday life and employment for the betterment of their lives.
The seventh edition of the awards has added another category titled Private sector.
“The project should have had a direct impact on the way business is done in private institutions. This award is presented to a project delivering outstanding applications of enterprise-level business technology.
“The overall solution should have been based on a platform which brought benefits such as reduced ICT infrastructure and support costs; enabled a quicker speed to market and ushered in tangible benefits to the people of Zimbabwe,”
Below is the Categories’ list
1. ICT Business Person of the year (Woman/ Man)
2. ICT Company of the year [large/ SME]
3. ICT project of the year(Public / Private Sector)
4. Private Sector
5. Young ICT innovator of the year (35yrs & below)
6. Web developer of the year (Company / Individual)
7. ICT Website of the year (Private/ Public)
8. ICT journalist of the year
9. ICT School of the Year (Rural/ Urban)
10. ICT Animator of the Year
11. ICT Enabled Courier Company of the year