Telecel In $ 200million Investment Deal

Telecel Zimbabwe is on the verge of concluding a $200million investment deal, where the government of Zimbabwe will still remain a major shareholder, ICT minister Supa Mandiwanzira revealed tonight during a cocktail event .

“I wish to assure you Telecel continuity is assured as soon as we finalise the acquisition of the Telecel 60% stake, government immediately made a capital injection of $5million which has already been invested since government took over and  now working on efforts to sanitize the shareholding issue with the remaining 40%stake

Telecel team are working diligently to secure additional funding in order to re-capitalise the organisation and ensure that Telecel competes effectively in the telecoms industry at this stage, Negotiations and discussions are on going  with  financiers for an investment of $200million to kickstart the Telecel project, where government will be the major shareholder,said the minister.

The minister said that more details of the funding will be communicated  in due course as well.

Telecel Cocktail

Telecel Cocktail

Posted by Telecel Zimbabwe on Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Marvelous Chibagidhi

Watch The full Telecel Cocktail Event

Previous article

Telecel To Launch 4,5G

Next article

Comments

Leave a reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *