TechnoMag Turns 3, Here are Three Major Milestones.

Today the 21st of September 2016, TechnoMag turns three years since the official launch of the online Technology Magazine, which has rose to become in-arguably the fastest growing technology magazine in Zimbabwe.

Launched mainly as a Do It Yourself (DIY) blog for hardware and software enthusiasts, The online magazine has grown rich in content to become one of the most sought and referred online magazine with numerous topics that include Current News, Analysis, Popular #MondayBlues and the DIY which is termed the #FridayHacks.

By Tongai Mwenje
  Officially launched on September 21st, 2013 at Holiday Inn.

TechnoMag has seen rapid growth in terms of followership, readership and reach on its technology site (www.technomag.co.zw) since inception and grew in leaps since celebrating its second year anniversary. The site is ever growing, recording over 15 000 daily visits and continues to surge in unique visitors, backed by more than 40 000 intreraction from its social media platform.

TechnoMag has grown to have other dedicated pages for the young and promising techies, under #ZimStartups, a weekend section dedicated to promoting and showcasing Zimbabwe’s most promising and upcoming tech players.

While the blog has gotten richer in content and reach to become an authoritative voice in Zimbabwe ICT and technological sector, TechnoMag has also grown extensively outside the content creation field with fresh new ideas and concepts to outreach hundreds of thousands.

The bulk readers of our daily visits TechnoMag, that is 55% are decision makers or policy influencers and tech implementors , while the other 45% are the youths and tech enthusiasts who are the Adrenalin and heartbeat of tech in Zimbabwe.

To reach out to more of these, In April 2015, the company launched one of the most enterprising initiative dubbed [email protected], a move which seeks to bridge the gap between the business and educational fraternity.

 

This year’s [email protected] was again held at NUST, where thousands of people from the academia and business fraternity gathered to witness a memorable [email protected] event which the Vice President of the Republic of Zimbabwe Phelekhezela Mphoko officially opened.

TechnoMag is currently organizing the official launch of yet another exciting service under its belt called Young Achievers Technology Awards (YATA). The creativity is meant to celebrate and reward young and outstanding technopreneurs in Zimbabwe.

Another exciting product is also yet to be launched in the same audio -visual sphere as TechnoMag expands its reach beyond the online community.

These services are a testament to the company’s vision on delivering an effortless high end technological experience in this digital era.

The founder of TechnoMag Mr Toneo Tonderai Rutsito (Ndebele) strongly believes in creating a technological legacy for the next generation and challenges that this generation is technologically capacitated to drive the nation forward, and creativity will only the way out to achieve in these most trying economic times.

The remarkable 1 year birthday party!!!

TechnoMag annivesary braai party

We started very small from a small idea, I had a colleague Wilson Mtetwa, who is now a director and shareholder who encouraged me to keep the vision, and slowly but surely, we are taking our baby steps before we walk, run and sprint to turn on the wheels of success as a listed technological conglomerate from Zimbabwe.

Addressing the current economic challenges in the country, TechnoMag is currently working with the Ministry of ICT, Postal and Courier Services and POTRAZ in identifying scaleable technological ideas under the Innovation Fund. This seed capital initiative is worth supporting as it unlocks an impeding door towards breakthrough for our budding techies.

More importantly, TechnoMag is humbled by the support from all the readers, fans, Corporate world, sponsors, partners, advertisers, and the government of Zimbabwe fro creating a platform that enables technoprenuers to establish and grow in Zimbabwe.

The company now has over 10 employees under its brand and also supports many students on attachments via intakes for ICT and media training.

#MyExperienceInChina2: They Just Do Not Sleep!

Previous article

Telecel Zimbabwe undergoing a massive data network upgrade

Next article

Comments

Leave a reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *