• Performs daily system monitoring of Data Centre equipment and implements corrective action to ensure high systems availability.
• Monitors Data Centre capacities, analyse threshold notifications and report anomalies.
• Establishes system specifications by conferring with users, analyzing workflows, information and security requirements.
• Implements server hardware and Operating Syatems configuration as per policy and standards.
• Monitors the operations of the SAN and ensure optimum configurations are in place.
• Performs periodic Data Centre performance reporting to provide inputs to capacity planning.
• Provisions and maintains user accounts and privileges on Data Centre systems.
• Troubleshoots, resolves and / or escalates software and hardware problems to vendors.
• Provides support to vendors and endeavours to shadow them on tasks they are working on.
• Researches, evaluates and recommends innovative Data Centre solutions to Data Centre Manager for review, approval and adoption.
• Performs regular security monitoring on Data Centre systems to identify any possible intrusions through routine checks and alarm monitoring.
• Provides information in the formulation of processes and procedures to repair and recover from system failures.
• Implement and test Disaster Recovery Plans (DRP) for the Data Centre.
Qualifications, Skills and Experiences
• Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or equivalent
• At least 2-4years’ working experience in a Data Centre or related environment.
• Experience on IBM Storage equipment such as DS8870, V7000, SVC a must.
• At least 2years hands on experience working with virtualization technologies- e.g. VMware, Microsoft Hyper-V or IMB PowerV Microsoft, AIX, Unix/Linux, Virtualisation/Storage (IBM, VMware) or related certifications will be an added advantage.
• Kwowledge and hands on experience on Server Operating Systems- MS Windows Server, SuSE Enterprise Linus, Redhat Entreprise Linux, IBM AIX, Oracle Solaris.
• Sound Knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory Infrastructure, Groupd Policy Automation and Windows Services
• At least 2 years hands-on working experience on Storage Area Network (SAN) technologies
Please Apply to:
[email protected] clearly indicating the position “Systems Administrator” in the subject area