1. Abacus, one of the earliest known computing devices, is still being used instead of modern calculators in some oriental countries, like Japan and China. What is it known as in Japan?
(a) Soroban (b) Suanpan
(c) Kanban (d) Kaizen
2. Which conceptual machine, had it been made in the 1830s, would have been the world’s first general-purpose computer?
(a) Analytical Engine (b) Differential Analyzer
(c) Tabulating machine (d) Difference Engine
3. Which machine conceived by Charles Babbage in 1820s, was finally constructed in 1991 by London Science Museum to celebrate his 200th birth anniversary?
(a) Analytical Engine (b) Differential Analyzer (c) Tabulating machine (d) Difference Engine
4. The Differential Analyzer, built by Vannevar Bush in the 1930s, was a
(a) Mechanical analog computer
(b) Electrical analog computer
(c) Digital computer
(d) Electronic calculator?
5. Which was the first truly electronic digital computer?
(a) EN I AC (b) UNIVAC
(c) IBM (d) EDSAC