1. What was the name of the computer?
(a) The Hollerith Electronic Computer HEC-2M
(b) UNIVAC 1108
(c) Harvard Mark IV
(d) IBM 704
2. Which electronic special-purpose digital machine was built in great secrecy by the Post Office Research Station in London in early 1940s to break secret German codes during the World War H?
(a) Enigma (b) Lorenz SZ 40/42
(c) Colossus (d) SIGABA
3. Which well-known magazine named the Computer as its ‘Man of the Year’ in 1982?
(a) The Wall Street Journal (b) Time (c) BusinessWeek (d) Newsweek
4. Computing power is often measured in MIPS. What do the letters in it stand for?
(a) Million Integrated Circuits Per Square inch
(b) Mega Instructions Per Second
(c) Million Instructions Per Second
(d) Minimum Instructions Per Second
5. The power of a super computer is measured in terms of
(b) BIPS (Billion Instructions per Second)
(c) TIPS (Trillion Instructions per Second)
(d) FLOPS (Floating Point Operations per Second)