To keep a clean icon free desktop I will tell you how you can easily remove your recycle bin icon from your desktop . Just follow the given instructions.
1. Click the start button and open Run.
2. Then type ‘regedit’ and click Enter.
3. Go to the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE and click that. Then click SOFTWARE followed by clicking Microsoft. Click Windows, then Current Version, then Explorer, then Desktop, and finally click.
4. Find the Following Key:
5. Delete that key and close the registry editor. Now refresh your desktop. The recycle bin icon should disappear.
If using windows XP program:
1. Go to Start -> Run
2. Type GPEDIT.MSC
3. Navigate to USER CONFIGURATION -> ADMINISTRATIVE TEMPLATES -> Click on Desktop
4. On the right hand Pane find “Remove Recycle Bin icon on the desktop”, double click on it to ENABLE it.
If you follow the above instructions your desktop will be clean.