Some websites and forums will not allow users to gain access without registering. They force the user to register and after registering only will they allow the user to access the websites. Registering with websites and forums is easy but it may be dangerous because nowadays many websites are hacked easily and hackers can get your personal information through these websites.
These websites and forums will block unregistered users, but they won’t block Google Bot. What we should do is to just switch our User Agent to that of Google Bot and freely browse any website or forum without registering.
- First grab the add-on for Firefox called ‘User agent’ and install it.
- Now go to Tools à User Agent Switcher à Options and then again to options.
- Select User Agent from the left sidebar and click Add.
- In the description field type: crawl-66-249-66-1. googlebot.com
- In the user agent field type: Googlebot/2.1 (+http:\\www.googlebot.com/bot.html)
- Select Google Bot as your User Script by going to Tools à User Agent Switcher.
Now you can browse any website or forums without registering.