By Toneo Tonderai Rutsito
The Ministry of ICT Postal Courier Services will be holding their annual ICT achievers awards 2013 slated for 7 December at the University of Zimbabwe, Great Hall.
The Permanent secretary in the ministry, Engineeer Sam Kundishora told TechnoMag that once again this is the time the ministry awards the best of the best in Zimbabwe as they recognise the input from all the outstanding ICT players .
Zimbabwe has seen tremendous technological growth with ICTs being one of the major movers since the government created a special ministry to cater for the sector.
Zimbabwe has hogged the limelight as one of the world`s fastest ICT developing country from a mere 13 percent in 2009 to 99 percent in 2013 according to official documents produced by the International Telecommunications Union ranking Zimbabwe the second fastest ICT developing nation in the world after Ghana.
This year`s ICT Achievers will be awarding players from 16 various categories who have excelled above the rest, this has seen the ministry cutting out three categories which were contested last year.
This year`s awards will be covering these categories.
- Top ICT Project Of The Year(Private Sector)
- Top ICT Project Of The Year (Public Sector)
- Top NGO Promoter of ICTs
- Top ICT Businessman Of the Year
- Top ICT Businesswoman Of The Year
- Top ICT Company Of The Year
- Top ICT Journalist Of The Year
- Top Web developer of the year(Company)
- Top Public Sector website of the year
- Top Young ICT innovator of the year
- Top ICT educator of the year(Institution)
- Top ICT rural school of the year
- Top ICT Urban School of the Year
- Top ICT Supportive Bank of the Year
- Top ICT enabled Courier company of the year
- Top ICT user Ministry of the year