Employment Type: Permanent
Freda Rebecca Gold Mine currently has a vacancy for an Engineering Manager. The successful incumbent will be responsible for managing the total engineering and maintenance function according to Company policies and procedures with a focus on optimising asset performance, managing and improving equipment life cycle cost and financial management. The individual will be reporting to the Executive Director.
Accountabilities of the role
- Mobile and Fixed Plant Maintenance (Mechanical / Electrical and Instrumentation)
- manage the development and implementation of plant maintenance strategies
- Plan and direct the installation, testing, operation, maintenance and repair of equipment
- Ensure that costs are within maintenance budgets
- Accountability for ensuring production targets, quality, timeliness and tonnage are met whilst maximizing return to shareholders.
- Performance management and development of subordinates.
- Confer with maintenance, production and support staff to discuss overall fixed and mobile plant performance.
- Coordination of sound business plans, economic models and Mine plans.
- Ensure Inspection and Certification of Equipment as per legal and Occupational
Health and Safety Requirements.
- Implementing and maintaining ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001
Qualifications and Experience
- A BSc. (Hons) Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering. A minimum of fiveyear’s experience in a similar role with underground gold mining experience.
- The candidate must possess the ability to practice and promote safe work behaviours.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills are essential to the success of this position.
- The candidate must be an exceptional team leader with a flexible attitude and sound work ethic.
Suitable candidates committed to achieving the highest health, safety, environmental and best practice standards plus zero harm practices to send their application and C.V to the H.R Manager to the following address
The Human Resource Manager
P.O Box 70
in sealed envelops not later than 22nd June, 2014.