Twitter has restricted President Donald Trump’s campaign from tweeting after his accounts shared a video containing false claims about the coronavirus.
The tweet, a video of Trump’s interview with Fox News in which he said children are “almost immune” to the virus.
The video tweet is said to be a violation of the Twitter rules on Covid-19 information.
Twitter spokesperson said in a statement that , “The account owner will be required to remove the Tweet before they can Tweet again.
Facebook deleted the post Trump’s main page featuring the same interview for similar reasons.
A Facebook spokesperson said on Wednesday, “This video includes false claims that a group of people is immune from COVID-19 which is a violation of our policies around harmful COVID misinformation.”
It was the first time Facebook had removed a Trump post for coronavirus misinformation, the spokesman said.
It also appeared to be the first reported instance of the social media company taking down a post from the president for breaching its misinformation rules.
Twitter last month temporarily suspended Mr Trump’s son, Donald Jr, for sharing a clip it said promoted “misinformation” about coronavirus and hydroxychloroquine.