In a bid to automate its franking system, Zimbabwe Post (Zimpost) has partnered with EasiMail to acquire Remote Meter Setting Franking Machines.
Zimpost as with many other Postal Authorities worldwide who are using mechanical franking machines are constantly exposed to postal fraud. This is due to the fact that they are not completely secure.
“Postage fraud incidentally costs Postal Authorities millions of dollars per year. Zimpost migrated from mechanical franking to the Remote Meter Setting.
“This new Remote Setting System eliminates postage meter fraud and increases revenue security, therefore benefitting both Zimpost and their customer in numerous value added ways,” said Easimail in a statement.
“This system increases efficiency in the sorting centres and brings convenience to our customers as they do not have to go to the post office whenever they pay for the franking units.”
What is a Franking Machine ?:– A machine used to stamp an official mark on a letter or parcel to indicate that postage has been paid or does not need to be paid.
Benefits of Using a Franking Machine:
1) Sending franked mail presents a professional image to your business partners and customers.
Your franked stamp can be customized for your business and can contain your company logo and promotional text or other business messages.
2) You can advertise new services, promotions and new offers. Using a franking machine that offers text messaging, you can even change the message on a daily basis.
3) You have something that needs to be posted, but you are unsure of the weight, or don’t have the correct value of stamps so you over pay. It is a waste of money. With a franking machine, especially one with an integral scale, this is never a problem. You get the correct postage, dial it in to the machine and frank it. Job done and rather than over pay you are getting discounted postage!
4) If a company accidentally under stamps mail, it causes inconvenience to its customers and also costs them money…not good news.
With a franking machine, it is easy to get the correct postage every time and avoid the embarrassment of under stamping.
5) Franking machines can be topped up on-line* 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and it only takes a minute. Even when the post office is shut you will never run out of postage.
Also processing out-going mail becomes less of an odious task. Mail items can be easily weighed and correct postage applied. Batches of letters can be quickly passed through the franking machine .
Murphy’s Law – Stamps will run out at the most inconvenient time, this is just the way it is.
Trips to the post office for more stamps are not only time consuming but also inconvenient.
EasiMail are tasked with providing customers with equipment either on rental or outright purchase basis. They will also provide back up and after sales support for all equipment. We therefore encourage all our customers to migrate to the new technology. Collaboration in this area in particular can help deliver a quicker and efficient mail delivery services in the postal sector.