Instant messaging app, you think of Whatsapp, it’s the most used instant message platform, where did AOL and msn go… beleive me those days are gone…
Today you are reading about #whatis Wechat
wechat is an instant messenger which runs on a wide range of platforms e.g. Android, iPhone, Windows Phone, BlackBerry, Symbian and Java.
Having its own merits without marketing, Wechat sends text messages, sends media (music, photos, videos etc.). The features which are new, nowhere else would be :-
1. Having the ability to add stickers and emoticons, this may seem like silly business but in the global market, it’s a huge deciding factor for 400 million users
2. A feature of connecting to others around you is a big part which makes Whatsapp and Wechat very different, with the motion of a “shake of your device” and literally meet new Wechat users.
3. Chatting directly in your browser, with Wechat you can chat with a browser version of a user, Whatsapp is beginning to try get on this opportunity by introducing web.whatsapp.com or the frequent use of bluestacks.
4. Live chat, have a live chat with you friend or family, point the cameras and talk, this may seem like a dream if you’re not a big airtime spender, this may not be for you but we can hope.
5. Built into the features, Wechat has Facebook linking where you can post pictures mainly and editing pictures, adding filters. And all that jazz while still on the application
6. Its free, all free, when you register for Whatsapp, after one year it will eventually tell you to pay a single dollar, well with Wechat its free until the end (don’t ask what the end is)
One feature which makes Wechat a global instant messenger is the drift bottle feature.
This is one feature we absolutely, simply love! The Drift Bottle feature, you can throw bottles into the sea with voice or test message (once the drift bottle feature is activated) and someone from anywhere in the world will pick it! You can pick others bottles too! How amazing is that!